You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 56 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 56 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 26 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 27 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Deborah Ivanova, CQC's Head of inspection for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service”
Full reports on all 56 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Outlook House, Brighton and Hove: Good
- Cintre Reachout, Bristol, City of: Good
- Blackwood, Cornwall: Good
- Redannick, Cornwall: Good
- Dawn Rest Home, Devon: Good
- Hill House, Devon: Good
- Spetisbury Manor, Dorset: Good
- Abundant Grace Nursing Home, East Sussex: Good
- Denmark House, Gloucestershire: Good
- Ado Lodge, Hampshire: Good
- Coombe Grange Residential Home, Hampshire: Good
- Donec Mews, Hampshire: Good
- Linden House, Hampshire: Good
- Westbury House Nursing Home, Hampshire: Good
- Sandbanks Care Home, Kent: Good
- The Kent Autistic Trust - 11a Curlew Crescent, Medway: Good
- MiHomecare - Plymouth, Plymouth: Good
- Jasmine House Nursing Home, Reading: Good
- Catherine House General Nursing Home, Somerset: Good
- AliMo Care Ltd, South Gloucestershire: Good
- Alexander Lodge, Surrey: Good
- Longford, Surrey: Good
- Moorleigh Residential Care Home, Torbay: Good
- Alternative Means, West Sussex: Good
- Harwich House, West Sussex: Good
- Meadow Lodge, Wiltshire: Good
- Four Seasons Community Care, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- The Green, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- White River Homecare, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Bay Court Nursing Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- Eastleigh Care Homes, Devon: Requires improvement
- Prestbury Court Residential Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- The Grange Residential Hotel, Devon: Requires improvement
- Grace Home Care Services, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Gatwick House, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Rose Villa, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Everycare (Isle of Wight), Isle of Wight: Requires improvement
- Aquarius Lodge, Kent: Requires improvement
- Norfolk House, Kent: Requires improvement
- Argentum Lodge, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- Yatton Hall Care Home, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- Beech Court Nursing Home, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Fewcott House Nursing Home, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Mears Care - Oxford, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Higher Park Lodge, Plymouth: Requires improvement
- 24 Hour Home Care Service Ltd, Poole: Requires improvement
- Crest Lodge, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Rainscombe House, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Florence House, Swindon: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare - Newbury, West Berkshire: Requires improvement
- Ferfoot Care Home, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- Laverstock Care Centre, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- Westbury Court, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- Neilston Residential Care Home, Devon: Inadequate
- The Hurst Residential Home, East Sussex: Inadequate
- Mont Calm Residential Home, Kent: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809 or, for media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.