You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 56 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 56 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 35 have been rated as Good, 16 have been Requires Improvement and 5 have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 56 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Haydock Nursing and Residential Care Home, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- St Aidans, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Andrews Court Care Home, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Pro-Care Dispersed Housing Ltd Avondale Lodge, Blackpool: Good
- Glen Rosa & Kitwood House, Bradford: Good
- Summerfield House Nursing Home, Calderdale: Good
- Oakmere, Cheshire East: Good
- Beechfield Care & Support Limited, County Durham: Good
- Croft Avenue Residential Home, Cumbria: Good
- Redmayne House, Cumbria: Good
- Covent House, Gateshead: Good
- Croftwood, Halton: Good
- Millbrow Care Home, Halton: Good
- Spindrift Care Home Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Crossroads in East Lancashire, Lancashire: Good
- Stella Matutina Care Home, Lancashire: Good
- Victoria House, Lancashire: Good
- Kirkstall Court, Leeds: Good
- Kirkley Lodge, Middlesbrough: Good
- At Home in the Community, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Dinnington, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- The Meadows Care Home, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Stonecroft - Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Parkside, North Tyneside: Good
- Rockingham House, North Yorkshire: Good
- Town Close, North Yorkshire: Good
- UBU - Cragmere, North Yorkshire: Good
- Edge Hill Rest Home, Oldham: Good
- Marske Hall - Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Heathcotes (Knollbeck), Rotherham: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care, Sefton: Good
- Ashdown Close - Southport, Sefton: Good
- Tameside Mental Health Recovery Service, Tameside: Good
- The Green, Wirral: Good
- Woodland Grove, Wirral: Good
- Old Gates Residential and Nursing Home, Blackburn with Darwen: Requires improvement
- Sunningdale EMI Care Home, Bradford: Requires improvement
- The Willows, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Leven House, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Lindisfarne Hartlepool, Hartlepool: Requires improvement
- Carlton House, Leeds: Requires improvement
- CRG Homecare - Liverpool, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Grace Lodge Nursing Home, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Carisbrooke, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Ravendale Hall, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Nazareth House - Crosby, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Sarah Anne Residential Home, Sefton: Requires improvement
- St Nicholas Nursing Home, Sefton: Requires improvement
- The Laurels and The Limes Care Home, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Davenport Manor, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Nazareth House - Birkenhead, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Amber House, East Riding of Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Helping Hand Domiciliary Care Service, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Beechwood Specialist Services, Liverpool: Inadequate
- Farringford Care Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Inadequate
- Park House, Wirral: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Mark Humphreys, Regional Engagement Officer on 0191 233 3519.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.