You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 55 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 55 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 25 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 23 have been rated Requires Improvement and 7 have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Adrian Hughes, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue.; We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service”
Full reports on all 55 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- The White House, Bournemouth: Good
- Bon Accord, Brighton and Hove: Good
- Claro Homes, Bristol, City of: Good
- Hyde Lodge, Bristol, City of: Good
- Mears Care - Bristol ECHS, Bristol, City of: Good
- Mulberry Court, Buckinghamshire: Good
- SSA Quality Care, Buckinghamshire: Good
- Cornwall DCA, Cornwall: Good
- Newquay Nursing and Residential Home, Cornwall: Good
- 12 Alfred Street Residential Care, Gloucestershire: Good
- Basingfield Court, Hampshire: Good
- Old Raven House, Hampshire: Good
- Request Services Ltd, Hampshire: Good
- Abbeyfield - St Martins, Kent: Good
- Everycare (West Kent) Ltd, Kent: Good
- Wantage Nursing Home, Oxfordshire: Good
- Critchill Court, Somerset: Good
- Rowden House, Somerset: Good
- 46 Bath Road, South Gloucestershire: Good
- Chelsham Lodge, Surrey: Good
- Winchcombe Place, West Berkshire: Good
- Disabilities Trust - 128 Beech Hill, West Sussex: Good
- Fitzroy Lodge, West Sussex: Good
- Marlow, West Sussex: Good
- Dimensions Loddon Court 289 Wokingham Road, Wokingham: Good
- St Bridgets Care Centre, Bournemouth: Requires improvement
- St.Theresa's Nursing Home, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Trengrouse, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Oak House Care Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- Signature House, Dorset: Requires improvement
- CarePlus 24, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Little Acorns, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- aVida - Gloucester, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Deja Vu, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Marlborough House, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Maycare, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- St Vincent House - Gosport, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Bradwell House, Kent: Requires improvement
- Greenford Care Home, Medway: Requires improvement
- Barton Grange, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare - Carterton, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- OSJCT Madley Park House, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- The Close Care Home, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Burnham House, Slough: Requires improvement
- Firtree House Nursing Home, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Wingham Court Care Centre, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Ferndale Nursing Home, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Hillcrest House Care Home, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- Alpha Community Care, Buckinghamshire: Inadequate
- Ashley Arnewood Manor, Hampshire: Inadequate
- Supreme Healthcare Services, Hampshire: Inadequate
- Woodcot Lodge Care Home, Hampshire: Inadequate
- Waxham House, Isle of Wight: Inadequate
- Peatons Healthcare, Medway: Inadequate
- Oakhurst, Torbay: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809 or 0191 233 3548 or, for media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.