You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 55 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 55 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 33 of these services have been rated as Good, 17 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 55 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Neville Court, Barnsley: Good
- Seva Line Limited, Bolton: Good
- Your Choice Homecare, Bolton: Good
- Woodward Court, Bradford: Good
- The Lady Verdin Trust - Wellswood Drive, Cheshire East: Good
- The Laurels Care Home, Cheshire East: Good
- Sutton Beeches, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Hames Hall Residential Care Home, Cumbria: Good
- Holmehurst Residential Home, Cumbria: Good
- The Dales, Cumbria: Good
- Elderwood Residential Home, Darlington: Good
- Amethyst House, Doncaster: Good
- Belfry Gardens, Doncaster: Good
- Cantley House, Doncaster: Good
- Gateshead Supported Living Service 1 and 2, Gateshead: Good
- Rosewood House, Gateshead: Good
- Norman Hudson Care Home, Kirklees: Good
- Templefields, Kirklees: Good
- Edgar Street Residential Home, Lancashire: Good
- Oaklands - Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities, Lancashire: Good
- Care at Home Service, Allendale Road, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Ella McCambridge Care Home, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Amara Care Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Risedale Rest Home Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Bluebird Care (Hambleton and Richmondshire), North Yorkshire: Good
- Clova House Care Home, North Yorkshire: Good
- First to Care, North Yorkshire: Good
- Harrogate Homecare Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Four Seasons, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- High Barn, Rochdale: Good
- Windsor Lodge, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Farmborough Court Intermediate Care Service, Sunderland: Good
- Oxton Grange Nursing Home, Wirral: Good
- Lifeways Community Care (Halifax), Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Mount Pleasant Residential Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Thornton House Residential Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Ashwood Park, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Rivington Park Care Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Summerfields Care Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- The Lodge - Dementia Care with Nursing, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Ethical Homecare Solutions, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Lofthouse Grange and Lodge, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Brackenley, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Springfield Garth, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Ashgrove House Care Limited, Oldham: Requires improvement
- Highfield House, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Lyndhurst Residential Care Home, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Byron Court Care Home, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Hawthorne Lodge Residential Care Home, Sefton: Requires improvement
- The Glynn Residential Home, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Greengarth, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Admiral Court Care Home, Hartlepool: Inadequate
- Speke Care Home (Residential), Liverpool: Inadequate
- St George's Care Home, North Lincolnshire: Inadequate
- Carrwood House, Sheffield: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Communications Officer Mark Humphreys on 0191 233 3519.
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.