You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 55 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 55 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 32 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 21 have been rated Requires Improvement and two have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 55 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Lillibet House, Bedford: Good
- Swiss Cottage Care Home, Central Bedfordshire: Good
- Blossomwood, Essex: Good
- Brook Care Home, Essex: Good
- Chelmsford Nursing Home, Essex: Good
- Maldon Lodge, Essex: Good
- Maple Manor, Essex: Good
- Springfields Residential Home, Essex: Good
- The Oakes, Essex: Good
- Millcroft, Hertfordshire: Good
- Woodlands View Residential and Nursing Home, Hertfordshire: Good
- Willowbrook, Leicester: Good
- Bay Lodge, Lincolnshire: Good
- OSJCT Ermine House, Lincolnshire: Good
- Lathbury Manor Care Home, Milton Keynes: Good
- Beauchamp House, Norfolk: Good
- Culrose Residential Home, Norfolk: Good
- Holly House Residential Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- The Shrubbery, Northamptonshire: Good
- Boughton Manor, Nottinghamshire: Good
- The Byars Nursing Home, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Conway House, Sandwell: Good
- Cavell Lodge, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Hilderstone Hall, Staffordshire: Good
- Summerfields House Rest Home, Staffordshire: Good
- 11 Cullum Road, Suffolk: Good
- Park View Care Home, Suffolk: Good
- Pilgrim Homes - Finborough Court, Suffolk: Good
- The Willows, Suffolk: Good
- Avalon Nursing Home, Thurrock: Good
- Glebe House, Warwickshire: Good
- High Habberley House, Worcestershire: Good
- Hurstway Care Home, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Eltisley Manor, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- Lily House, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- Willowcroft, Derby: Requires improvement
- Ashford Lodge Nursing Home, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Ladywood, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Moorings Nursing Home, Essex: Requires improvement
- Quince House, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- St Agnells House, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Aberry House, Leicester: Requires improvement
- Greenfields Residential Home, Luton: Requires improvement
- Orchard House, Milton Keynes: Requires improvement
- The Laurels Care Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Benthorn Lodge, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Glenkindie Lodge Residential Care Home, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- The Conifers Residential Care Home, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Charnwood, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Clumber Court Care Centre, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Gedling Village Court, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Rosekeys, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Bryden House, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
- Elmcroft Care Home, Essex: Inadequate
- The Cottage Nursing Home Limited, Northamptonshire: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Officer, Helen Gildersleeve on 0191 2333379. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.