You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 55 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 55 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 31 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 21 have been rated Requires Improvement and 3 have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Pils, Coventry: Good
- The Old Vicarage Care Home, Derbyshire: Good
- Cedar Road, Dudley: Good
- Diamond Home Care, Dudley: Good
- Admirals Reach Residential and Nursing Home, Essex: Good
- Green Rose Care Limited, Essex: Good
- Highfield Care Home, Essex: Good
- Inspiration Care Domicilliary Care, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Acacia Mews, Hertfordshire: Good
- Ashview Nursing Home, Hertfordshire: Good
- Leicester, Leicestershire: Good
- Dove Cottage Day Hospice, Leicestershire: Good
- Blenheim Care Centres, Lincolnshire: Good
- Rebecca Court, Norfolk: Good
- Nestor Primecare Services Limited t/a Primecare Primary Care - Northampton, Northamptonshire: Good
- The Chestnuts, Northamptonshire: Good
- Kingswood House, Northamptonshire: Good
- Wycar Leys Bulwell, Nottingham: Good
- Ace Care 4 U Limited, Nottingham: Good
- Belle Vue Lodge, Nottingham: Good
- Leymar Healthcare, Nottinghamshire: Good
- St Michael's Home, Solihull: Good
- Southend Blind Welfare Organisation, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Abbeywell Court, Staffordshire: Good
- Dresden House Limited, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- St Peter's House, Suffolk: Good
- Catchpole Court Care Home, Suffolk: Good
- Kirkley Manor, Suffolk: Good
- 164 Coleshill Road, Warwickshire: Good
- The Lawns Nursing Home, Worcestershire: Good
- Court House Nursing Home, Worcestershire: Good
- Highcroft House, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare - Birmingham, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Royal Manor Nursing Home, Derby: Requires improvement
- Allenbrook Nursing Home Limited, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Ghyll Grove Residential and Nursing Home, Essex: Requires improvement
- St Joseph's Care Home, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Water Mill House Care Home, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Castlegate House Residential Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Cathedral Nursing Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Sutton Lodge Home Support, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Laurel Lodge Care Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Kilsby House Residential Home, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- The Gables Nursing Home, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Ellesmere House, Shropshire: Requires improvement
- Kingsley Rest Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Farmhouse Residential Rest Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- The Cedars, Stoke-on-Trent: Requires improvement
- Agnes and Arthur, Stoke-on-Trent: Requires improvement
- The Depperhaugh, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- The Old School House, Telford and Wrekin: Requires improvement
- Barclay Gardens, Telford and Wrekin: Requires improvement
- Primrose Lodge Ltd, Hertfordshire: Inadequate
- Wellbeing Care Support Services, Suffolk: Inadequate
- Hands on Care (Wombourne) Limited, Wolverhampton: Inadequate
Full reports on all 55 inspections are available on this website.
For further information, please contact Jade Quittenton, Regional Engagement Officer on 0191 2333349
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.