You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 54 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 54 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 24 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 26 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Adrian Hughes, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service, so providers of those service should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service”
Full reports on all 54 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Premier Homecare Limited, Bristol, City of: Good
- Prestige Nursing (Bristol), Bristol, City of: Good
- SeeAbility Bristol Support Service Office, Bristol, City of: Good
- The Thomas More Project - 33 Fallodon Way, Bristol, City of: Good
- Hampden Hall Care Centre, Buckinghamshire: Good
- Arundel House, Devon: Good
- Bramble Down, Devon: Good
- Greenacres, East Sussex: Good
- Orchard Bungalow Chailey Heritage Foundation, East Sussex: Good
- Willows Bungalow, Chailey Heritage Foundation, East Sussex: Good
- Woodside Hall Nursing Home, East Sussex: Good
- Bluebird Care (Stroud and Cirencester), Gloucestershire: Good
- Oakhaven Residential Care Home, Gloucestershire: Good
- Ribston House, Gloucestershire: Good
- Thornfield Care Home - Lymington, Hampshire: Good
- Cedardale Residential Home, Kent: Good
- The White House, Medway: Good
- Langley Haven Care Home Limited, Slough: Good
- Frith House, Somerset: Good
- Yeovil - Sherborne House Care Home, Somerset: Good
- Ashwood House - Southampton, Southampton: Good
- Ashbourne, West Sussex: Good
- Firgrove Nursing Home, West Sussex: Good
- The Manor Care Home, Windsor and Maidenhead: Good
- Carlton Mansions Care Home, Bristol, City of: Requires improvement
- Stokeleigh, Bristol, City of: Requires improvement
- Saxby, Buckinghamshire: Requires improvement
- The Elms Care Centre, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Lakenham Residential Care Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- New Care (Newton Abbot), Devon: Requires improvement
- Chardwood Rest Home, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Pentlow Nursing Home, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Woodside Hall Nursing Home, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Branksome House, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- OSJCT Trevone House, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- The Gables, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Havant Domiciliary Care, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- South Africa Lodge Nursing Home, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Abbeyfield - Woodgate, Kent: Requires improvement
- Chameleon Care (Dartford), Kent: Requires improvement
- Holywell Park, Kent: Requires improvement
- Nightingale Homecare and Community Support Services Ltd, Kent: Requires improvement
- Seven Springs - Care Home Physical Disabilities, Kent: Requires improvement
- The Island Residential Home, Kent: Requires improvement
- OSJCT Lake House, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- The Haven Rest Home, Portsmouth: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare - Reading, Reading: Requires improvement
- Heatherley - Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Kincare, West Berkshire: Requires improvement
- Copper Beech, Wokingham: Requires improvement
- Begbrook House Care Home, Bristol, City of: Inadequate
- Coombe Lodge Care Home, Buckinghamshire: Inadequate
- Chapel House Care Centre, Gloucestershire: Inadequate
- Allied Healthcare Lechlade, Wiltshire: Inadequate
- Allied Healthcare Swindon, Wiltshire: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 0191 2333548. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.