You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 54 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 54 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, one of these care homes have been rated as outstanding, 33 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as good, 16 have been rated requires improvement and 4 have been rated inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 54 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Hendra House Residential Home, Shropshire: Outstanding
- Edgbaston Beaumont, Birmingham: Good
- City Care Services, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Carewatch (Coventry), Coventry: Good
- 26 St Marks Road, Derby: Good
- The Grange Care Home, Derbyshire: Good
- Francis House, Derbyshire: Good
- Lilybank Hamlet Care Home, Derbyshire: Good
- Real Life Options - Nottingham, Derbyshire: Good
- Blamsters Link, Essex: Good
- Ashfield House - Leominister, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Guysfield Residential Home, Hertfordshire: Good
- Hand in Hands, Hertfordshire: Good
- Home Instead Central Hemel Hempstead & Chilterns, Hertfordshire: Good
- Turning Point - Hagden Lane, Hertfordshire: Good
- The Limes, Milton Keynes: Good
- Avonlea, Northamptonshire: Good
- Personalised 4 Autism, Northamptonshire: Good
- Hatzfeld House, Nottinghamshire: Good
- SENSE - Newton Court, Peterborough: Good
- Atlas Care Services Peterborough, Peterborough: Good
- Crowstone House, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Pegasus House, Staffordshire: Good
- Choices Housing Association Limited - 63 Junction Road, Staffordshire: Good
- Leigh House, Staffordshire: Good
- Montrose House, Suffolk: Good
- Woodville House, Warwickshire: Good
- Turning Point - The Poplars, Warwickshire: Good
- Care 4 U Wolverhampton Limited, Wolverhampton: Good
- Spectrum Days, Worcestershire: Good
- The Grange, Worcestershire: Good
- Pals Residential Care, Worcestershire: Good
- Southcrest Nursing Home, Worcestershire: Good
- The Oaks, Worcestershire: Good
- Yardley Grange Nursing Home, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Digby Manor, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Waterbeach Lodge, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- Pennine Care Centre, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Southminster Residential Home, Essex: Requires improvement
- All Care, Essex: Requires improvement
- Holly House Residential Care Home, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Martin Hall Nursing Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Executive Care, Milton Keynes: Requires improvement
- Lincoln Lodge Residential Home for the Elderly, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Allicare Ltd, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- The Old School, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Westgate House, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Lakeview Care Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Ernvale House Care Centre, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Rainbow Care Solutions Limited - Redditch, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
- Saint Josephs Specialist Care Home, Derbyshire: Inadequate
- Stoke House Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Inadequate
- Southwinds, Staffordshire: Inadequate
- Kent Lodge Residential Home, Suffolk: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Jade Quittenton, Regional Engagement Officer on 0191 2333649
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.