You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 53 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 48 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 27 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good and 23 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Interim Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 48 inspections are available below.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- 23 Trittiford Road, Birmingham: Good
- Longmore House, Birmingham: Good
- Cherry Hinton Nursing Home, Cambridgeshire: Good
- The Knowles, Coventry: Good
- Grazebrook Homes - 39 Adshead Road, Dudley: Good
- Abberton Manor Nursing Home, Essex: Good
- Mercers Place, Essex: Good
- 9 Grace Road Limited - 5 Park Hill Drive, Leicester: Good
- Carlton Drive Short Breaks Service, Leicestershire: Good
- Thornham Grove Care Home, Leicestershire: Good
- Ayrshire House, Lincolnshire: Good
- West Dean Care Home, Lincolnshire: Good
- Abi Homes - Tolcarne Avenue, Milton Keynes: Good
- Buckingham Lodge Care Home, Norfolk: Good
- Richardson Partnership for Care - 2/8 Kingsthorpe Grove, Northamptonshire: Good
- Orla House, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Lonsdale Midlands Limited - 290 Newton Road, Sandwell: Good
- Footherley Hall, Staffordshire: Good
- Better Healthcare Services (Ipswich), Suffolk: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Oak House, Suffolk: Good
- Flexicare South Midlands, Warwickshire: Good
- Homewood, Warwickshire: Good
- The Helen Ley Care Centre, Warwickshire: Good
- Coombe House, Worcestershire: Good
- Dimensions 1 Betjeman Court, Worcestershire: Good
- Hernes Nest House, Worcestershire: Good
- Howbury House Resource Centre, Worcestershire: Good
- Ivybank Care Home, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Melville House, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Tudor Rose Rest Home, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- The Knolls Care Home, Central Bedfordshire: Requires improvement
- Andrin House Nursing Home, Derby: Requires improvement
- Radis Community Care (Derby), Derby: Requires improvement
- Credenhill Court Rest Home, Herefordshire, County of: Requires improvement
- Autumn Vale Care Centre, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Normandy House, Milton Keynes: Requires improvement
- Ashfields, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Halvergate House, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Kensington Lodge, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- St Nicholas Nursing Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Mears Care - Old Stratford, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Victoria House, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Melbourne House, Nottingham: Requires improvement
- Elizabeth House Residential Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Windermere Rest Home, Southend-on-Sea: Requires improvement
- Doddlespool Hall Care Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Nayland House, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Bescot Lodge, Walsall: Requires improvement
- Delves Court Care Home, Walsall: Requires improvement
- Shaw Red Hill Care Centre, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
- Three Oaks Care Home Limited, Hertfordshire: Inadequate
- Kimberley Care Home, Lincolnshire: Inadequate
- High Dene, Suffolk: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Manager, Louise Grifferty on 07717 422917. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the upcoming requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.