You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 52 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 52 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 27 of these services have been rated as Good, 19 have been rated Requires Improvement and six have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 52 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- HomeCare (Mellor) Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Supported Homes Limited - 1 Emerald Close, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Queens Park View, Bolton: Good
- Primrose House Nursing Home, Cheshire East: Good
- The Laurels Care Home, Cheshire East: Good
- Willowmere, Cheshire East: Good
- Durham House Residential Care Home, County Durham: Good
- The Regent, Cumbria: Good
- The Laurels Care Home with Nursing, Doncaster: Good
- Farndale House Care and Support Services, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Farndale House Residential Care Home, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Hawksbury House, Gateshead: Good
- Beech Lawn Care Home, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Atkinson Grove Chance for a Break Service, Knowsley: Good
- Reiver House, Lancashire: Good
- J.A.D Direct Limited, Liverpool: Good
- Highfield Cottage, Middlesbrough: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - 50 Belle Vue Grove, Middlesbrough: Good
- Ponteland Manor Care Home, Northumberland: Good
- Nightingales Homecare, Oldham: Good
- Stansfield Hall Care Home, Rochdale: Good
- Eastwood House Care Home, Rotherham: Good
- Chestnut Street (59), Sefton: Good
- Elm Tree House, St. Helens: Good
- Lifeways Community Care (Sunderland), Sunderland: Good
- Fairburn Mews, Wakefield: Good
- Harrogate and Craven Crossroads - York Branch, York: Good
- Ainsworth Nursing Home, Bury: Requires improvement
- Always There (Crewe), Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Crawfords Walk Nursing Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Thornton Manor Nursing Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Carewatch (South Cumbria), Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Harriets, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Kendal Care Home, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- St Anne's Community Services- Doncaster, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Coniston House Care Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Craigneil Residential Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Rosemary Care Home, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Beech House - Salford, Salford: Requires improvement
- Thornton Lodge Care Home, Salford: Requires improvement
- Leyland Rest Home, Sefton: Requires improvement
- The White House Nursing Home, South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Norwood Trust, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Sunrise Operations Bramhall II Limited, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Premier Care Limited - Trafford & Manchester Learning Disabilities Branch, Trafford: Requires improvement
- Premier Care Limited - Cheshire Branch, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Duchess Gardens Care Centre, Bradford: Inadequate
- Handsale Limited - Shakespeare Court Care Home, Bradford: Inadequate
- Oakworth Manor, Bradford: Inadequate
- Acomb Court, Northumberland: Inadequate
- Meadow View, Rotherham: Inadequate
- West Villa Residential Home, Wakefield: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager Kirstin Hannaford on 0191 233 3629. Alternatively, the CQC press office can be contacted on 0207 448 9401 or out of hours on 07789 876508.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.