You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 49 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 49 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 24 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 21 have been rated Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Deborah Ivanova, CQC's Head of inspection for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service”
Full reports on all 49 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Royal Mencap Society - Pineapple Road, Buckinghamshire: Good
- The Cherries, Buckinghamshire: Good
- Hillcrest, Cornwall: Good
- St Mary's Haven Residential, Cornwall: Good
- Sunningdale House, Cornwall: Good
- Trelawney House, Cornwall: Good
- Westcountry Home Care trading as Alexandra's, Cornwall: Good
- West View, Devon: Good
- Cheverels Care Home with Nursing, Dorset: Good
- Elizabeth House - Gloucester, Gloucestershire: Good
- Live Well at Home, Gloucestershire: Good
- London Road, Gloucestershire: Good
- Oak Tree Lodge, Hampshire: Good
- Ryde House, Isle of Wight: Good
- 5 George V Avenue, Kent: Good
- Glebe Cottage, Surrey: Good
- REGUS, Surrey: Good
- Lorna House, Torbay: Good
- Alina Homecare Horsham, West Sussex: Good
- Allen Auxillary Limited, West Sussex: Good
- Care Management Group - 1 Charmandean, West Sussex: Good
- Walberton (South Coast), West Sussex: Good
- 87 Pinkneys Road, Windsor and Maidenhead: Good
- Bridge House Nursing Home, Wokingham: Good
- Newbridge Towers, Bath and North East Somerset: Requires improvement
- Hazelgrove Nursing Home, Brighton and Hove: Requires improvement
- St Georges Care Home, Bristol, City of: Requires improvement
- Donnington House, Devon: Requires improvement
- Linden House, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Pine Tree Court Care Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Stinchcombe Manor, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Brendoncare The Old Parsonage, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Easterlea, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Knellwood, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Osborn Manor, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Easthill Home for Deaf People, Isle of Wight: Requires improvement
- The Gouldings, Isle of Wight: Requires improvement
- Longlands, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Little Croft Care Home, South Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Oaktree Care Home, South Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- JKs Majestical Care Limited, Southampton: Requires improvement
- The Grange, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Windmill Manor, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Cabot House, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- OSJCT Coombe End Court, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- Chy Byghan Residential Home, Cornwall: Inadequate
- Woodcot Lodge Care Home, Hampshire: Inadequate
- The Orchard, Isle of Wight: Inadequate
- The Barn House, Surrey: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809 or, for media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.