You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 49 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 49 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 28 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good and 20 have been rated Requires Improvement and one had been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Interim Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 49 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Princeton Court, Bedford: Good
- Surround Care, Bedford: Good
- Clare Court Care Centre, Birmingham: Good
- The Hermitage, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Chiltern View, Central Bedfordshire: Good
- Caremark (Coventry), Coventry: Good
- St Fillans Care Centre, Essex: Good
- Town and Country Care, Lincolnshire: Good
- Caremark ( Luton & South Beds), Luton: Good
- Olney Care Services Limited, Milton Keynes: Good
- Westbury Grange, Milton Keynes: Good
- Kingsgate Residential Home, Norfolk: Good
- Scarborough House, Norfolk: Good
- The Elms Residential Care Home, Norfolk: Good
- Rushden Park, Northamptonshire: Good
- Ascot House - Nottingham, Nottingham: Good
- Beechwood, Nottingham: Good
- Bramwell, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Focus Care Agency Limited, Peterborough: Good
- Desired Care 4 U Limited, Sandwell: Good
- Lady Forester Residential & Day Care Centre, Shropshire: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Paddy Geere House, Suffolk: Good
- The Orwell, Suffolk: Good
- Morris Care Centre, Telford and Wrekin: Good
- 38a Woolifers Avenue, Thurrock: Good
- Salford House, Warwickshire: Good
- The Woodlands, Warwickshire: Good
- Westgrove House Care Home, Warwickshire: Good
- Penniston Barn, Central Bedfordshire: Requires improvement
- Allambie House, Coventry: Requires improvement
- Fountain Lodge Care Home Limited, Coventry: Requires improvement
- All Care, Essex: Requires improvement
- The Mellows, Essex: Requires improvement
- Fairhaven, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Guysfield Residential Home, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Heath Lodge, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Berrystead Nursing and Residential Home Limited, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Sutton in the Elms, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Abbey Court Care Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Grosvenor Hall Care Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Ambleside - Luton, Luton: Requires improvement
- The Red House Nursing Home, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Croft Nursing Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- The Grange Residential Care Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Hilton House, Stoke-on-Trent: Requires improvement
- Mildenhall Lodge, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Lake View Care Home, Telford and Wrekin: Requires improvement
- Haven Nursing Home, Warwickshire: Requires improvement
- Attwood's Manor Care Home, Essex: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Manager, Louise Grifferty on 07717 422917. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.