You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 47 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 47 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 28 have been rated as Good, 16 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 47 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Jah-Jireh Charity Homes Blackpool, Jah-Jireh Charity Homes, Blackpool: Good
- Crossroads Care - Bolton, Crossroads Association, Bolton: Good
- Project Smile & Care At Home, Federation of Jewish Services, Bury: Good
- Bank Hall Farm, Lambs Support Services Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Ethicare (Durham) Ltd, Ethicare (Durham) Ltd, County Durham: Good
- Parklands Nursing Home, Malhotra Care Homes Limited, County Durham: Good
- Rushyfield Care Centre, Embrace (England) Limited, County Durham: Good
- Petteril House, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria: Good
- Allendale House, E Nanayakkara, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Hesslewood House, Four Seasons 2000 Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- North Kirklees Domiciliary Care Service, Kirklees Metropolitan Council, Kirklees: Good
- Chorley Lodge, Orchard Care Homes.Com (4) Limited, Lancashire: Good
- 22 Levick Court, Middlesbrough Borough Council, Middlesbrough: Good
- Burlam Road Care Home, Tamaris Healthcare (England) Limited, Middlesbrough: Good
- Woodley Hall Care Home, Care Homes UK Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- St Margarets, Sun Healthcare Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Care Plus Care (UK) Limited, Careplus Care (Uk) Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Crosshill House Residential Care Home, Oakhills Residential Homes Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Aire House, Parkcare Homes (No.2) Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Briardene, Appleview Homes Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Hawkesgarth Lodge, Embrace (UK) Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Cleggsworth Care Home, Cleggsworth Care Home Ltd, Rochdale: Good
- Dene Brook, Relativeto Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Supported Tenancy Network, Aspire: for Intelligent Care and Support C.I.C, Salford: Good
- Windsor Court Residential Home, Oxbridge Care Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Belong at Home Domiciliary Care Agency Atherton, CLS Care Services Limited, Wigan: Good
- Corona House Residential Home, Mrs Deborah Wallace and Mr John Wallace, Wirral: Good
- Heritage Healthcare York, DCS&D Limited, York: Good
- Wingates Residential Home, Wingate Care Homes Ltd, Bolton: Requires improvement
- Savile House, Chestnut Care Limited, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Eastholme, Swanton Care & Community (Autism North) Limited, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Bowerswood House Residential Home Limited, Bowerswood House Retirement Home Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Radcliffe Gardens Nursing Home, Mosaic Community Care Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Eden House, Domain Care North West Ltd, Manchester: Requires improvement
- The Kensington, Balmoral Care Ltd, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Lifestyle (Abbey Care) Limited Archery - Bower, Lifestyle (Abbey Care) Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Long Meadow Care Home, Long Meadow (Ripon) Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Acorn Lodge Nursing Home, Oldham Property Investments Limited, Oldham: Requires improvement
- Bridging the Gap Limited - Oldham, Bridging the Gap Ltd, Oldham: Requires improvement
- Ackroyd House, Ackroyd House Limited, Rotherham: Requires improvement
- The Augustinian Nursing Sisters Ince Blundell Hall, The Augustinian Nursing Sisters, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Fulwood Lodge Care Home, Silver Healthcare Limited, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Westleigh, Warrington Community Living, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Abbeyfield Lear House, Abbeyfield Hoylake & West Kirby Society Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Bradnet, Bradnet, Bradford: Inadequate
- Kendal Care Home, Abbey Healthcare (Westmoreland) Limited, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Cleveland Park, Orchard Care Homes.com (3) Limited, North Tyneside: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629.
David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.