You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 43 more GP practices
The Care Quality Commission has published a further 43 reports on the quality of care provided by GP practices that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections by specialist teams, 31 of the practices have been rated as Good, two have been rated as Outstanding, seven have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s GP practices are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Professor Steve Field, Chief Inspector of General Practice, said:
“We know that the vast majority of England's GPs are providing a service which is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. If that is what we find on inspection - we give it a rating of Good, and I congratulate the GPs and staff in these practices.
“Patients should be able to expect high quality and consistent care from every GP practice. Where we have required improvement, we will expect the practice to take the necessary steps to address the issue, and we will return at a later date to check that those improvements have been made.
"If we find a practice to be Inadequate, we will normally put it into special measures, to allow the practice to access support available from NHS England and to ensure there is coordinated response to help the practice improve.”
For media enquiries, contact 020 7448 9401, during office hours, or out of hours, contact 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
Please note that we have published separate press releases on the practices rated Outstanding and Inadequate.
- Foxhayes Practice, Devon: Outstanding
- Parish Fields, South Norfolk: Outstanding
- Avicenna Medical Practice, Bradford City: Good
- Barton Hills Medical Group, Luton: Good
- Bloxwich Medical Practice, NHS Walsall CCG: Good
- Bramblehaies Partnership, NEW Devon: Good
- Campingland Surgery, West Norfolk CCG: Good
- Churchfields Surgery, Redditch and Bromsgrove: Good
- Coldharbour Surgery , NHS Lambeth CCG: Good
- Crewkerne Health Centre, Somerset: Good
- Crown Dale Medical Centre, Lambeth: Good
- Dawes Family Practice, Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale: Good
- Derby Medical Centre, Surrey Downs: Good
- Dr Andrew Thornett, NHS Walsall CCG: Good
- Dr Gordon Jones, North Derbyshire : Good
- Dr J Barry-Braunthal and Partners, Bristol: Good
- Dr Pankaj Srivastava, Wirral: Good
- Dr RM Roope and Partners, Fareham and Gosport: Good
- Dr S J Brook and Partners, Fareham and Gosport: Good
- Dr. McCarthy and Partners, Stoke on Trent : Good
- Drs J M Pilpel and V C Tiguti, North Staffordshire: Good
- East Quay Medical Centre, Somerset: Good
- Jubilee Medical Centre, Liverpool: Good
- Liverpool House Surgery, Cumbria: Good
- Quayside Medical Centre, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- The Barnabas Medical Centre, Ealing: Good
- The Dove Valley Practice, Barnsley : Good
- The MacMillan Surgery, Knowsley: Good
- The Orchard Surgery, NHS Coastal West Sussex: Good
- The Quantock Medical Centre, Somerset: Good
- The Scott Practice , Doncaster: Good
- The Westway Surgery, Hammersmith and Fulham: Good
- Townsend House Medical Centre, New Devon: Good
- Cross Keys Practice, Buckinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Dr Abubakr Shaikh, Brent: Requires improvement
- Dr Kim Cheung, Thurrock: Requires improvement
- Dr Pradeep Kumar Singh (Fryerns Medical Centre), Basildon and Brentwood : Requires improvement
- Eldene Surgery, Swindon: Requires Improvement
- Heathcote Medical Centre, Surrey Downs : Requires Improvement
- Tonge Fold Health Centre, Greater Manchester: Requires improvement
- Dr AH Tak, Dr EG Stryjakiewicz and Dr M Sadik , Hull: Inadequate
- Dr Hafeez and Partner, Sutton: Inadequate
- Venkat Medical Centre, Birmingham Cross City: Inadequate