You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 41 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 41 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 20 of these services have been rated as Good, 12 have been rated Requires Improvement and nine have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 41 inspections are available at: http://www.cqc.org.uk
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Orchard Lodge Care Home Blackpool – Inadequate
- Sherrington House Nursing Home - Requires improvement
- St Ives Disabled Care Centre – Requires improvement
Cheshire West and Chester
- Winsford Network – Good
- Bradbury House - Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities - Good
- Lowther Park (Adult Care Home) - Good
- Fountains Homecare - Requires improvement
- The Laurels Care Home - Requires improvement
East Riding of Yorkshire
- Stamford Bridge Beaumont - Good
- Four Winds Residential Home - Inadequate
- Highnam Hall - Inadequate
- Parkview Residential Home - Inadequate
Kingston upon Hull, City of
- Hull Head Office - Good
- Broadfield House Home for Older People - Good
- Laurel Villas Limited - Good
- Mr David Calwell - 13 Durham Avenue - Good
- Penwortham Grange and Lodge - Good
- Royal Care Home Lancashire - Good
- Aadams Residential Care Home Limited - Inadequate
- Brooklands House Rest Home - Requires improvement
- Lofthouse Grange and Lodge - Inadequate
- The Spinney Residential Home - Inadequate
- Berkeley Court - Requires improvement
- Granby Care Home - Good
- Bramble Lodge Care Home - Requires improvement
- The Valleys Care Home - Good
- Ashfield Court - Harrogate - Good
- Foresight Residential Limited - 14 Otley Road - Good
- Woodfield House - Good
- Royd Hill Nursing Home - Inadequate
- Carleton Court Residential Home Limited - Requires improvement
- The Everley Residential Care Home - Requires improvement
- Carders Court Residential and Nursing Home - Requires improvement
- Laureate Court - Inadequate
- Elm Tree House - Good
- 1 Hill Close - Good
- 2 Hill Close - Good
- Hillcrest - Good
- Hemsworth Park - Requires improvement
- Eaton Court Residential Home - Good
- Edgeworth House - Requires improvement
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager Kirstin Hannaford on 0191 233 3629.
Alternatively, the CQC press office can be contacted on 0207 448 9401 or out of hours on 07789 876508.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. Click here for further information.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. Click here for further information on the upcoming requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.