You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 37 more GP practices
The Care Quality Commission has published a further 37 reports on the quality of care provided by GP practices that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections by specialist teams, one practice has been rated as Outstanding, 30 have been rated as Good, five have been rated Requires Improvement and one has been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s GP practices are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Professor Steve Field, Chief Inspector of General Practice, said:
“We know that the vast majority of England's GPs are providing a service which is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. If that is what we find on inspection - we give it a rating of Good, and I congratulate the GPs and staff in these practices.
“Patients should be able to expect high quality and consistent care from every GP practice. Where we have required improvement, we will expect the practice to take the necessary steps to address the issue, and we will return at a later date to check that those improvements have been made.
"If we find a practice to be Inadequate, we will normally put it into special measures, to allow the practice to access support available from NHS England and to ensure there is coordinated response to help the practice improve.”
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
Please note that we have published separate press releases on the practices rated Outstanding and Inadequate.
- Holsworthy Doctors, NEW Devon: Outstanding
- Belsize Priory Medical Centre, Camden CCG: Good
- Broadmead Medical Centre, NHS Bristol: Good
- Bruce Grove Surgery, Haringey: Good
- Callington Health Centre, NHS Kernow: Good
- Church Lane Surgery, Brent: Good
- Coventry Road Practice, NHS Birmingham Crosscity CCG: Good
- Cranleigh Gardens Medical Centre, Somerset: Good
- Donald Wilde Medical Centre, Oldham: Good
- Dr Anna Ungaro, NHS Bedfordshire : Good
- Dr AR Vernon and Partners, Oxfordshire: Good
- Dr Balloch and Partners, Nene: Good
- Dr Denner and Partners (Essex House), Somerset: Good
- Dr Doran and Dr Navaratnam, South Sefton : Good
- Dr IR Serrell's Practice, North Derbyshire: Good
- Dr JTW Spinks and Partners, Medway: Good
- Dr Pervez Sadiq, NHS Knowsley: Good
- Dr Samra Yasin, Thurrock: Good
- Drs Kinloch and Moran, Knowsley: Good
- Green Lane Surgery, Solihull: Good
- Gunnislake Health Centre, NHS Kernow: Good
- Heady Hill Surgery, NHS Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale CCG: Good
- Heworth Green Surgery, Vale of York: Good
- Langport Surgery, Somerset : Good
- Rooley Lane Medical Centre, Bradford Districts : Good
- St James Medical Practice, Birmingham: Good
- The Boat House Surgery, North & West Reading: Good
- The Tulse Hill Practice, Lambeth: Good
- The Wellington Health Centre, NHS Central London (Westminster) CCG: Good
- The Whickham Practice , Gateshead: Good
- Winterton Medical Practice , North Linconshire CCG: Good
- Freuchen Medical Centre, Brent: Requires improvement
- Long Barn Lane Surgery, South Reading: Requires improvement
- Mrs Suhasini Nirgude, South Reading: Requires improvement
- North Trafford Group Practice, Trafford: Requires Improvement
- Portchester Practice, Fareham and Gosport: Requires improvement
- The Stanmore Medical Centre, Harrow: Inadequate
Since 1 April, providers have been required by law to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. This should be done within 21 days of publication of their inspection report. Further information on the display of CQC ratings.