You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 37 more GP practices
The Care Quality Commission has published a further 37 reports on the quality of care provided by GP practices that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections by specialist teams, 29 practices have been rated as Good, four have been rated Requires Improvement, three have been rated Outstanding and one has been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s GP practices are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Professor Steve Field, Chief Inspector of General Practice, said:
“We know that the vast majority of England's GPs are providing a service which is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. If that is what we find on inspection - we give it a rating of Good, and I congratulate the GPs and staff in these practices.
“Patients should be able to expect high quality and consistent care from every GP practice. Where we have required improvement, we will expect the practice to take the necessary steps to address the issue, and we will return at a later date to check that those improvements have been made.
"If we find a practice to be Inadequate, we will put it into special measures, to allow the practice to access support available from NHS England and to ensure there is a coordinated response to help the practice improve.”
Full reports on all 37 inspections are available on this website.
GP Practices listed by CCG area and rating:
- Langley Health Centre, Slough: Outstanding
- Reeth Medical Centre, Richmondshire and Whitby : Outstanding
- The Castle Medical Centre, South Warwickshire: Outstanding
- Ashville Medical Practice, Barnsley City : Good
- Barbourne Health Centre, South Worcestershire: Good
- Barton Surgery, South Devon and Torbay: Good
- Broadway Medical Practice, Sunderland: Good
- Cadbury Heath Healthcare, South Gloucestershire : Good
- Cape Cornwall, Kernow: Good
- Charlton House Medical Practice, Haringey: Good
- Cockhedge Medical Centre Ltd, Warrington: Good
- Craig Croft Medical Centre, Birmingham Cross City : Good
- Dr Burton, Dr Sells, Dr Edwards, Dr Shackleton , Somerset: Good
- Dr Evans and Partners , Surrey Downs: Good
- Dr Patrick Ngozi, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw : Good
- Dr Perkins & Partners, Kernow: Good
- Greenford Avenue Family Health Practice, Ealing: Good
- Mid Downs Medical Practice, High Weald, Lewes and Havens: Good
- Modbury Health Centre, Devon: Good
- Rother House Medical Centre, South Warwickshire: Good
- Station Street Surgery, Warwickshire North : Good
- The Circle Practice, Harrow: Good
- The Green House Surgery, Tees: Good
- The Greyswood Practice, Wandsworth: Good
- The Hoxton Surgery, City and Hackney: Good
- The Orchard Practice, Kingston: Good
- The Practice Rushey Mead, Leicester City: Good
- The Singh Medical Practice, North Manchester: Good
- The Village Practice, Doncaster: Good
- Wallington Medical Centre , Sutton: Good
- Waterbeach Surgery, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough : Good
- Wells City Practice, Somerset: Good
- Dr S Johal and Partner, Hillingdon: Requires improvement
- Eastfield House Surgery, Newbury and District: Requires improvement
- Huntley Mount Medical Centre, Bury: Requires improvement
- Ormskirk Medical Practice, West Lancashire : Requires improvement
- Falmouth Road Group Practice, Southwark: Inadequate
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors