You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 33 adult social care services in London
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 33 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 19 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 11 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 33 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Athenaeum Residential Care Home, Barnet: Good
- Community Options Limited - 33 Albemarle Road, Bromley: Good
- Community Options Limited - 56 High Street, Bromley: Good
- Care Management Group - 72 Croydon Road, Croydon: Good
- Positive Community Care Limited, Ealing: Good
- Hazelwood Lodge Limited, Enfield: Good
- Millenium Care Limited - 89 Fox Lane, Enfield: Good
- Precious Homes Limited, Enfield: Good
- Sidney Avenue Lodge Residential Care Home, Enfield: Good
- 694 Pinner Road, Harrow: Good
- Mawney Road, Havering: Good
- The Devonshire Care Home, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- St Peter's Residence, Lambeth: Good
- Unit 4B, Holistic Community Care, Lambeth: Good
- Vibrance 138 All Saints Road, Merton: Good
- Laurel Dene, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Gable Lodge, Sutton: Good
- York Road, Sutton: Good
- Harold Lodge, Waltham Forest: Good
- Roseacres, Barnet: Requires improvement
- The Limes Residential Care Home, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Northbourne Court, Bexley: Requires improvement
- Holt Road, Brent: Requires improvement
- The Oaks, Greenwich: Requires improvement
- Hillgreen Care Ltd - 6 Stoke Newington Common, Hackney: Requires improvement
- Cherry Tree, Havering: Requires improvement
- Upminster Nursing Home, Havering: Requires improvement
- Kingsbridge Road Short Breaks Service, Kensington and Chelsea: Requires improvement
- NAS Community Services (Central London), Kensington and Chelsea: Requires improvement
- Allied Healthcare London, Tower Hamlets: Requires improvement
- Charlton Park Care Home, Greenwich: Inadequate
- Cascade 4 - Newick Road, Hackney: Inadequate
- Wood House, Wandsworth: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809, or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.