You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 32 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 32 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 18 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 12 have been rated Requires Improvement and two have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Interim Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:;
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 32 inspections are available at: http://www.cqc.org.uk
Adult Social Care services by rating:
- Oasis House, Bedford
- Radis Community Care (Bedford),Bedford
- Homecroft Residential Home,Birmingham
- Nightingales, Birmingham
- Roxton Nursing Home, Birmingham
- Ridgeway Lodge Residential Home, Central Bedfordshire
- Harry Caplan House, Coventry
- OSJCT Skirbeck Court, Lincolnshire
- Neath Hill Care Centre, Milton Keynes
- Belgrave House, Norfolk
- Cranmer House, Norfolk
- Ashley Court Care Home, Northamptonshire
- Richardson Partnership for Care - 144 Boughton Green Road, Northamptonshire
- Ashlea Care Home, Nottinghamshire
- Westvilla Nursing Home, Nottinghamshire
- Housing & Care 21 - Goldfield Court, Sandwell
- Daycare Domiciliary Services, Stoke-on-Trent
- Langley Court, Wolverhampton
- Fenwick House, Bedford
- The Willows Residential and Nursing Home, Bedford
- Ashbourne Care Home, Dudley
- Tallis House, Essex
- Chiswell Residential Home, Hertfordshire
- Badby Park Requires improvement, Northamptonshire
- Rosedale Residential Home, Northamptonshire
- Burleigh House, Staffordshire
- Ravenswood Care Home, Staffordshire
- Brandon Park Residential & Nursing Home, Suffolk
- Leiston Old Abbey Residential Home, Suffolk
- The Meadows Care Home, Suffolk
- The Old Vicarage, Norfolk
- Gadlas Hall Nursing Home, Shropshire
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Officer, Helen Gildersleeve on 0191 2333379. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. Click here for further information.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily.