You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 40 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 40 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, one of these care homes and homecare agencies has been rated Outstanding, 22 have been rated as Good, 14 have been rated as Requires Improvement and three have been rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 40 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Norwood - 30 Old Church Lane, Norwood, Harrow: Outstanding
- Foxlands House, Richmond Fellowship (The), Barnet: Good
- The Grange, DW & JR & LM Skeath, Barnet: Good
- The Old Print Works, HF Trust Limited, Barnet: Good
- Mountview, Bexley Independent Living Services Limited, Bexley: Good
- Abacus Homecare (Bromley) Limited, Abacus Homecare (Bromley) Limited, Bromley: Good
- PillarCare Agency, Mr Jeffrey Robert Garnett, Camden: Good
- Warwick House, Basdeo Kaydoo, Croydon: Good
- Support for Living Limited - 25/27 Haymill Close, Support for Living Limited, Ealing: Good
- Carterhatch Domiciliary Care Service, London Borough of Enfield, Enfield: Good
- New Directions Care and Support Services Limited, New Directions Care And Support Services Ltd, Enfield: Good
- Patrick Carr, Mr & Mrs P Carr, Enfield: Good
- Station Road, Parkcare Homes (No.2) Limited, Enfield: Good
- Kingsmith Care, Kingsmith Care Ltd, Hammersmith and Fulham: Good
- Clover Cottage, Clover Cottage Limited, Havering: Good
- Gledwood Care Homes, Mrs Rashmi Bhautoa, Hillingdon: Good
- Imperial Lodge, Imperial Lodge, Hillingdon: Good
- 82 Bear Road, Consensus Support Services Limited, Hounslow: Good
- Mountearl, Voyage 1 Limited, Lambeth: Good
- Eden Supported Services, Eden Supported Services Ltd, Redbridge: Good
- London Borough of Richmond upon Thames - 36 Crane Way, London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Edward Gibbons House, Providence Row Housing Association, Tower Hamlets: Good
- John Pounds House, Sanctuary Home Care Limited, Wandsworth: Good
- Elm Park Lodge, Mr KC Lim, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Sonia Heway Care Agency Ltd, Sonia Heway Care Agency Ltd, Bexley: Requires improvement
- Homefield Court, Mr Hrant Gregorian, Brent: Requires improvement
- Rowan Lodge, Ramnarain Sham, Ealing: Requires improvement
- Hillgreen Care Limited - 14 Colne Road, Hillgreen Care Limited, Enfield: Requires improvement
- Eglington, Sunrise Mental Health Ltd, Greenwich: Requires improvement
- Elmdene, Sunrise Mental Health Ltd, Greenwich: Requires improvement
- Ashley Cooper House, Sanctuary Home Care Limited, Lambeth: Requires improvement
- Mr & Mrs H Modile, Mr & Mrs H Modile, Lambeth: Requires improvement
- Eltandia Hall Care Centre, Lifestyle Care Management Ltd, Merton: Requires improvement
- Manor House, Mr & Mrs D Sessford, Merton: Requires improvement
- Mears Homecare Limited (London Bridge), Mears Homecare Limited, Southwark: Requires improvement
- Discovery Home, The Qalb Short Break Services Ltd, Tower Hamlets: Requires improvement
- Hawthorn Green Residential and Nursing Home, Sanctuary Care Limited, Tower Hamlets: Requires improvement
- Greenwich Association of Disabled People, Greenwich Association of Disabled Peoples Centre for Independent Living, Greenwich: Inadequate
- Westcombe Park Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Greenwich: Inadequate
- Cheam Cottage Nursing Home, Mr & Mrs J Dudhee, Sutton: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, journalists wishing to speak to the press office can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.