You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 38 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 38 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 21 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 16 have been rated as Requires Improvement, and one has been rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 38 inspections are available on this website
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Meridan House, Richmond Fellowship(The), Barnet: Good
- 76 Fen Grove, Avenues London, Bexley: Good
- RNID Action on Hearing Loss Brondesbury Road, The Royal National Institute for Deaf People, Brent: Good
- Beechmore Court, Cedarmore Housing Association Limited, Bromley: Good
- Eleanor Nursing & Social Care - Croydon Office, Eleanor Nursing and Social Care Limited, Croydon: Good
- Roland Residential Care Homes, Mrs Nilmarnie Gaithri Ranetunge and Mr Dushmanthe Ranetunge, Enfield: Good
- Eglington, Sunrise Mental Health Ltd, Greenwich: Good
- Elmdene, Sunrise Mental Health Ltd, Greenwich: Good
- Essential Social Care 13 Panfield Road, Essential Social Care Limited, Greenwich: Good
- London Borough of Greenwich - 69 Coleraine Road, London Borough of Greenwich, Greenwich: Good
- Ernest Dene Residential Care Home, Brownlow Enterprises Limited, Haringey: Good
- 65 Charlton Road, Heritage Care Limited, Harrow: Good
- Reablement, The London Borough of Hillingdon, Hillingdon: Good
- Time2Care (BSE) Ltd, Time 2 Care (BSE) Ltd, Hillingdon: Good
- Voyage (DCA) Isleworth, Voyage 1 Limited, Hounslow: Good
- Crownwise Limited - St Andrews, Crownwise Limited, Lambeth: Good
- Prince Regent House, Precious Homes Limited, Newham: Good
- Langdon Park, Voyage 1 Limited, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Alma Grove, The Brandon Trust, Southwark: Good
- Living Ambitions Limited - 32 Ringstead Road, Living Ambitions Limited, Sutton: Good
- Alison House, The Westminster Society For People With Learning Disabilities, Westminster: Good
- Rupaal Care and Training, Rupaal Care & Training Ltd, Barking and Dagenham: Requires improvement
- Carers 4 U Ltd, Carers 4 U Ltd, Bexley: Requires improvement
- Kent Social Care Professionals Trading As Bexley SCP, Kent Social Care Professionals Limited, Bexley: Requires improvement
- Peepal Care, Peepal Care Limited, Brent: Requires improvement
- Ashling Lodge, Chislehurst Care Limited, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Meadows House Residential and Nursing Home, Sanctuary Care Limited, Greenwich: Requires improvement
- Hackney Adult Placement Scheme, London Borough of Hackney, Hackney: Requires improvement
- Farm Lane, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Hammersmith and Fulham: Requires improvement
- Ashness Two, Ashness Care Limited, Haringey: Requires improvement
- DRS Care Home, DRS Care Homes Limited, Haringey: Requires improvement
- St Raphael's, The Frances Taylor Foundation, Hounslow: Requires improvement
- Abbeyfield House - New Malden, Abbeyfield Society (The), Kingston upon Thames: Requires improvement
- Welcome Care Home Limited, Mrs M Newland, Lewisham: Requires improvement
- Trinity Community Centre, Satash Community Care Project Limited, Newham: Requires improvement
- Valor Care Services, Training and Consultancy Limited, Valor Care Services, Training and Consultancy Limited, Sutton: Requires improvement
- St Catherine Rest Home, St Catherine Care Home Ltd, Waltham Forest: Requires improvement
- Faraday House, Mr Runjith Gopal & Mrs Solony Gopal, Ealing: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, journalists wishing to speak to the press office can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.