You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 36 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 36 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 19 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 14 have been rated as Requires Improvement and three were rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 36 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Barn Rise, Voyage 1 Limited, Brent: Good
- Community Options Limited - 56 High Street, Community Options, Bromley: Good
- Nightingale Home Care, Nightingale Retirement Care Limited, Bromley: Good
- Camden Chinese Community Centre, Camden Chinese Community Centre, Camden: Good
- 8-10 Newlands Cottages, Consensus Support Services Limited, Croydon: Good
- Shila House, Simiks Care Limited, Enfield: Good
- Cullum Welch Court Care Home, Cullum Welch Court, Greenwich: Good
- Bluebird Care Haringey, A & J Kohli Limited, Haringey: Good
- Heatherbrook, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Havering: Good
- Caremark (Hillingdon), AS Hillingdon Homecare Limited, Hillingdon: Good
- Leigham Lodge, Leigham Lodge Limited, Lambeth: Good
- St Mary's Care Home, St. Mary's Care Limited, Lambeth: Good
- Ms Maisie Melanie Bell & Mr Percival Fiztroy Drummond - 40 Lewisham Park, Ms Maisie Melanie Bell & Mr Percival Fiztroy Drummond, Lewisham: Good
- 5 Horse Leaze, Heritage Care Limited, Newham: Good
- Ashwood House Limited (Ilford), Ashwood House Limited, Redbridge: Good
- Birchwood - Ilford, Sanctuary Care Limited, Redbridge: Good
- Bluebird Care (Sutton), Bayford New Horizons Limited, Sutton: Good
- Sutton Court Care Centre, Hydefall Limited, Sutton: Good
- Outlook Care - Summit Road, Outlook Care, Waltham Forest: Good
- Roseacres, Roseacres Care Home Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Maples Care Home, Churchgate Healthcare (Maples) Limited, Bexley: Requires improvement
- Parkside - Care Home Learning Disabilities, Leonard Cheshire Disability, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Hanwell House, Homestead Residential Care Limited, Ealing: Requires improvement
- Visitation of Our Lady Residential Care Home, Visitation of Our Lady, Ealing: Requires improvement
- Harwood Road, Hestia Housing and Support, Hammersmith and Fulham: Requires improvement
- Hail - Bedford Road, Haringey Association for Independent Living Limited, Haringey: Requires improvement
- 20 Westwood Avenue, Monpekson Care Limited, Harrow: Requires improvement
- Abbotsford - Pinner, D E & J Spanswick-Smith, Harrow: Requires improvement
- Moreland House Care Home, Moreland House Care Home Limited, Havering: Requires improvement
- Sevacare - Lewisham, Sevacare (UK) Limited, Lewisham: Requires improvement
- Churchfields Nursing Home, Yew Tree Care Limited, Redbridge: Requires improvement
- Three C's Support - 71-73 Dunton Road, Three C's Support, Southwark: Requires improvement
- Aspray House, Twinglobe Care Homes Limited, Waltham Forest: Requires improvement
- Avon Lodge, Avon Lodge UK Limited, Enfield: Inadequate
- Greenwich Association of Disabled People, Greenwich Association of Disabled Peoples Centre for Independent Living, Greenwich: Inadequate
- Kent House, GCH (Harrow) Ltd, Harrow: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, journalists wishing to speak to the press office can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.