You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 35 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 35 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 21 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, and 14 have been rated as Requires Improvement.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 35 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- The Homecare Partnership, The Homecare Partnership Limited, Barnet: Good
- Riverdale Court, Avante Care and Support Limited, Bexley: Good
- Carrick House Nursing Home, M D Homes, Brent: Good
- Franklyn Lodge The Bungalow, Residential Care Services Limited, Brent: Good
- Greenhill, Mission Care, Bromley: Good
- Oatleigh Care Ltd, Oatleigh Care Ltd, Bromley: Good
- Highfield House, 92 Higher Drive Limited, Croydon: Good
- Lloyd Park Nursing Home, Heatherwood Nursing Home Ltd, Croydon: Good
- White Lodge, SHC Rapkyns Group Limited, Croydon: Good
- Short Break Service, London Borough of Ealing, Ealing: Good
- Arnold House - Care Home Physical Disabilities, Leonard Cheshire Disability, Enfield: Good
- John Stanley Hornchurch, John Stanley's Care Agency Limited, Havering: Good
- Hayes Cottage Care Centre, Hayes Cottage Nursing Home Limited, Hillingdon: Good
- 11 Tooting Bec Gardens, The Frances Taylor Foundation, Lambeth: Good
- St Johns House, Sanctuary Care Limited, Lambeth: Good
- George Lane, Aurora Options, Lewisham: Good
- Harts House Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Redbridge: Good
- Homesdale Domiciliary Care Agency, Homesdale (Woodford Baptist Homes) Limited, Redbridge: Good
- Lancaster Lodge, Richmond Psychosocial Foundation International, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Care Management Group - 44 Albion Road, Care Management Group Limited, Sutton: Good
- Wellesley Lodge Residential Home, Larcombe Housing Association Limited, Sutton: Good
- Chosen Services UK Limited, Chosen Services UK Limited, Barking and Dagenham: Requires improvement
- Baytree Lodge, Baytree Community Care (London) Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Candle Court Care Home, Rockley Dene Homes Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Pettsgrove Care Home, Striving for Independence Homes LLP, Brent: Requires improvement
- Chestnut Lodge, Viridian Housing, Ealing: Requires improvement
- 30 Coleraine Road, Unified Care Limited, Haringey: Requires improvement
- 37 Coleraine Road, Unified Care Limited, Haringey: Requires improvement
- ANA Nursing, ANA Homecare Limited, Harrow: Requires improvement
- Barleycroft Care Home, Festival Care Homes Ltd, Havering: Requires improvement
- Cheverton Lodge, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Islington: Requires improvement
- Collingwood Court Nursing Centre, Bupa Care Homes (ANS) Limited, Lambeth: Requires improvement
- Northbrook Care Home, Northbrook Homes Limited, Redbridge: Requires improvement
- Angel Home Limited, Angel Home Limited, Sutton: Requires improvement
- Browncross Healthcare Limited (Domiciliary Services), Browncross Healthcare Limited, Tower Hamlets: Requires improvement
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.