You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 34 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 34 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 20 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 13 have been rated as Requires Improvement and one was rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Segun Oladokun, CQC Head of Inspection for London said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 34 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Ashglade, Chislehurst Care Limited, Bromley: Good
- The Link Care Nursing Agency, The Link Care Nursing Agency Ltd, Bromley: Good
- Care Elite, Care Elite Limited, Croydon: Good
- Holly House Care Home, John Holland, Enfield: Good
- Diligent Care Services, Diligent Care Services Ltd, Haringey: Good
- Marygold Care UK, Marygold Care UK Ltd, Harrow: Good
- R&S Medical & Allied Services Limited, R and S Medical and Allied Services Limited, Harrow: Good
- Stanmore House, Stanmore Care Homes Limited, Harrow: Good
- Swan House, The London Borough of Hillingdon, Hillingdon: Good
- St Teresa's Home for the Elderly, Trustees of the Congregation of the Sisters of St Anne, Merton: Good
- Nelson Street, First Care Lodge Limited, Newham: Good
- Seymour Gardens, Norwood, Redbridge: Good
- Beeches House, Brook Care Homes Limited, Sutton: Good
- Elmglade Residential Home, Elmglade Residential Care Home, Sutton: Good
- Independence Homes Limited - 44 Brambledown Road, Independence Homes Limited, Sutton: Good
- MCCH Society Limited - 25 McRae Lane, MCCH Society Limited, Sutton: Good
- Creative Support - Sonali Gardens Extra Care Services, Creative Support Limited, Tower Hamlets: Good
- Forest View Care Home, Mr Alan Cork & Mrs C N Heath, Waltham Forest: Good
- Normanshire Care Services Ltd, Normanshire Care Services Ltd, Waltham Forest: Good
- Bluebird Care (Westminster), Zocalo Limited, Westminster: Good
- Nazareth House - East Finchley, Nazareth Care Charitable Trust, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Elmwood Lodge, Quo Vadis Trust, Bexley: Requires improvement
- St Mary's Nursing Home, St Mary's Care Home Limited, Bexley: Requires improvement
- Towerhouse Residential Home, Ms Mary Mundy, Brent: Requires improvement
- Archers Point Residential Home, Archers Point Residential Home, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Concept Care Solutions - 1st Floor Middlesex House, Concept Care Solutions Limited, Harrow: Requires improvement
- Northwood Nursing and Care Services Limited, Northwood Nursing and Care Services Limited, Hillingdon: Requires improvement
- Jessie Place, Jane's House Limited, Lambeth: Requires improvement
- Haydon Park Lodge, Haydon Park Lodge Limited, Merton: Requires improvement
- Heathland Court Care Centre, Bupa Care Homes (AKW) Limited, Merton: Requires improvement
- Sevacare - Tower Hamlets, Sevacare (UK) Limited, Tower Hamlets: Requires improvement
- Old Hospital Close (21), Metropolitan Housing Trust Limited, Wandsworth: Requires improvement
- Sevacare - Westminster, Sevacare (UK) Limited, Westminster: Requires improvement
- Woodham House Newlands, Woodham Enterprises Limited, Bromley: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, journalists wishing to speak to the press office can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.