You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 34 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 34 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, one of these care homes and homecare agencies has been rated as Outstanding, 22 have been rated as Good, 10 have been rated as Requires Improvement, and one has been rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Segun Oladokun, CQC Head of Inspection for London said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 34 inspections are available on our website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Home Instead Senior Care, Jefferies Care Services Limited, Kingston upon Thames: Outstanding
- Clovelly House Residential Home LTD, Clovelly House Residential Home Limited, Barnet: Good
- Dana Home Care, Care Worldwide (London) Limited, Barnet: Good
- Aquaflo Care Bexley, Aquaflo Care Ltd, Bexley: Good
- Chiltern Jigsaw Resource Centre, Chiltern Support & Housing Ltd, Brent: Good
- Dana House, Care Worldwide (London) Limited, Brent: Good
- Sudbury House, Seva Care (Respite And Residential Services) Limited, Brent: Good
- Esther Randall Court, One Housing Group Limited, Camden: Good
- Brighton Road, Mr & Mrs J P Rampersad, Croydon: Good
- North Downs Villa, Surrey Mental Health Limited, Croydon: Good
- Bluebird Care (Islington ) & Bluebird Care (Hackney), Michaelandtaniahackett Limited, Hackney: Good
- Homestead Care Service Limited, Homestead Care Service Limited, Havering: Good
- Southborough Nursing Home, London Residential Healthcare Limited, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- 229 Mitcham Lane Limited - 99 Sunnyhill Road, 229 Mitcham Lane Limited, Lambeth: Good
- Christ the King, Christ The King Residential Care Homes Limited, Lambeth: Good
- Beecholme House, Mrs S Lartey, Merton: Good
- Bluebird Care (Merton), Aquahigh Limited, Merton: Good
- Haydons Lodge, Centrust Care Homes Limited, Merton: Good
- Woodlands House, Central and Cecil Housing Trust, Merton: Good
- Eden Supported Services, Eden Supported Services Ltd, Redbridge: Good
- Blue Ribbon Community Care in South West London, WP Care Ltd, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Toby Lodge, Venus Healthcare Homes Ltd, Tower Hamlets: Good
- Haroldstone Home, Clearwater Care (Hackney) Limited, Waltham Forest: Good
- Prince George Duke of Kent Court, The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Morven House, Morven Healthcare Limited, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Rosemanor 2 Residential Care Home, Rosenmanor Limited, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Gallions View Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Greenwich: Requires improvement
- Francis Lodge Residential Home, Ms Monica Maxwell, Harrow: Requires improvement
- Support for Living Limited - 1 St Quintin Avenue, Support for Living Limited, Kensington and Chelsea: Requires improvement
- Kirkstall Lodge, Kirkstall Lodge Limited, Lambeth: Requires improvement
- Heathland Court Care Centre, Bupa Care Homes (AKW) Limited, Merton: Requires improvement
- Alters Recruitment Limited t/a Alters Nursing - London, Alters Recruitment Limited, Newham: Requires improvement
- The Pines Nursing Home, South London Nursing Homes Limited, Wandsworth: Requires improvement
- Support for Living Limited - 37 Barlby Road, Support for Living Limited, Kensington and Chelsea: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Yetunde Akintewe, Regional Engagement Manager on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.