You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 33 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 33 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 21 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, seven have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 33 inspections are available using the links below.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Olive House, Barnet: Good
- Victoria Care Centre, Brent: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Mora Burnett House, Camden: Good
- Ealing Manor Nursing Home, Ealing: Good
- The Horizon, Enfield: Good
- Hillgreen Care Ltd - 53 Myddleton Road, Haringey: Good
- Grove House Residential Dementia Care Home, Harrow: Good
- Hazelwood House, Harrow: Good
- Primrose House Nursing Home, Harrow: Good
- Muriel Street Resource Centre, Islington: Good
- Firs Court, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- Manor Farm Care Home, Newham: Good
- Speiuss Ltd, Redbridge: Good
- Cura Care Limited, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Townley Road, Southwark: Good
- Care Management Group - 101 Cheam Road, Sutton: Good
- Care UK - 32 Ringstead Road, Sutton: Good
- Choice Support – Sutton & Merton Office, Sutton: Good
- Grennell Lodge Nursing Care Home, Sutton: Good
- Woodcote Road, Sutton: Good
- MIG House Residential Care Homes, Waltham Forest: Good
- Lynwood, Barking and Dagenham: Requires improvement
- Elmstead House, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Bethel Care Homes, Havering: Requires improvement
- Hope Care Agency, Kensington and Chelsea: Requires improvement
- The Dulwich Care Centre, Lambeth: Requires improvement
- Home Care Service Provider, Merton: Requires improvement
- Westgate House, Newham: Requires improvement
- Lancam Nursing Home, Barnet: Inadequate
- Sonia Heway Care Agency Ltd, Bexley: Inadequate
- Greenwich Association of Disabled People, Greenwich: Inadequate
- Cloisters Care Home, Hounslow: Inadequate
- The Dulwich Care Centre, Lambeth: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659.
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 616161.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.