You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 27 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 27 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 17 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 9 have been rated Requires Improvement, and one has been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Segun Oladokun, CQC's Head of Adult Social Care Inspection in London, said:
“We should all be confident that our local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 27 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Resource Centre and Respite Service, Brent: Good
- Community Options Limited - 73 Repton Road, Bromley: Good
- Evergreen Lodge, Croydon: Good
- The Gables, Greenwich: Good
- 2 Headstone Lane, Harrow: Good
- 694 Pinner Road, Harrow: Good
- Sitwell Grove, Harrow: Good
- Romford Care Centre, Havering: Good
- Quality Caring Limited, Hounslow: Good
- Daryel Care, Islington: Good
- Octavia Housing - Miranda House, Kensington and Chelsea: Good
- Uplands Care Home, Lambeth: Good
- Floron Residential Home for the Elderly, Newham: Good
- Cambridge Nursing Home, Redbridge: Good
- Bluebird Care (Richmond and Twickenham), Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Community of Refugees from Vietnam - East London, Tower Hamlets: Good
- Admiral House - London, Wandsworth: Good
- Holt Road, Brent: Requires improvement
- Jays Homecare Limited, Brent: Requires improvement
- Care Outlook (West Wickham), Bromley: Requires improvement
- Eversleigh Residential Care Home, Bromley: Requires improvement
- London Cyrenians Housing - 40 Charleville Road, Hammersmith and Fulham: Requires improvement
- Oakleigh House Nursing Home, Harrow: Requires improvement
- Manley Court Nursing Centre, Lewisham: Requires improvement
- MCCH Society Limited - 25 McRae Lane, Sutton: Requires improvement
- Aspen Court Nursing Home, Tower Hamlets: Requires improvement
- Tower Bridge Care Centre, Southwark: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.