You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 24 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 24 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 12 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 11 have been rated as Requires Improvement and one was rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 24 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Meadowside, The Fremantle Trust, Barnet: Good
- The White House Care Home, Mr & Mrs M Govindan, Croydon: Good
- Ronak Home, M.H.J. Crausaz Limited, Enfield: Good
- The Avenue Care Home, Averesidential Care Ltd, Haringey: Good
- Care Assist in Harrow (Whitehall Road), Care Assist Limited, Harrow: Good
- Everycare Hillingdon, Shankaraya Ltd, Hillingdon: Good
- The Fairways, Farrington Care Homes Limited, Hillingdon: Good
- The Royal Star & Garter Homes - Surbiton, The Royal Star & Garter Homes, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- Magnolia Court, Magnolia Court Limited, Lambeth: Good
- Woodham House Daneswood, Woodham Enterprises Limited, Lewisham: Good
- Magnolia House, New Life Care Limited, Sutton: Good
- ELMS in Waltham Forest, ELMS in Waltham Forest, Waltham Forest: Good
- Autus Court, Precious Homes Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Kingsdowne Residential Home, The Kingsdowne Society, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Sydmar Lodge, Embrace All Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Gateway Care Services, Gateway Care Services Limited, Bexley: Requires improvement
- CareTech Community Services Limited - 237 Kenton Road, CareTech Community Services Limited, Brent: Requires improvement
- Homefield, Mission Care, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Northolt, Lean on Me Community Care Services Ltd, Ealing: Requires improvement
- Cloisters Care Home, Advinia Health Care Limited, Hounslow: Requires improvement
- Coombe Hill and Blenheim Lodge Nursing Home, Titleworth Neuro Limited, Kingston upon Thames: Requires improvement
- Sunnyside Care Homes Limited - 410-412 High Road, Sunnyside Care Homes Ltd, Redbridge: Requires improvement
- Lakeshore Care Ltd, Lakeshore Care Ltd, Sutton: Requires improvement
- Highcroft Care Home, Mr Diwan Suresh Chand, Waltham Forest: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.