You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 23 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 23 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 9 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 9 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care, and people should be confident that their local social care providers will ensure this. If that is what we find during an inspection - we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 23 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Senior Care Solutions @ Home Limited, Brent: Good
- Willett House, Bromley: Good
- Person Centred Care Homes - 1 Bodiam Close, Enfield: Good
- Abacus Care (Greenwich), Lewisham: Good
- Waterfield Supported Homes Limited - 10 Dowanhill Road, Lewisham: Good
- MIG House Residential Care Homes, Redbridge: Good
- St Josephs Rest Home, Redbridge: Good
- Ebony House, Waltham Forest: Good
- Shared Care Services Limited, Waltham Forest: Good
- Abilities Short Breaks - Respite & Residential, Brent: Requires improvement
- Carewatch (Camden & Haringey), Camden: Requires improvement
- Clarendon Nursing Home, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Croham Place, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Telford Lodge Care Limited, Ealing: Requires improvement
- Blossom Community Care, Enfield: Requires improvement
- Puddingstone Grange, Greenwich: Requires improvement
- Hayes Cottage Care Centre, Hillingdon: Requires improvement
- Ranyard at Mulberry House, Lewisham: Requires improvement
- The Abbeyfield East London Extra Care Society Limited, Barking and Dagenham: Inadequate
- Lancam Nursing Home, Barnet: Inadequate
- Sonia Heway Care Agency Ltd, Bexley: Inadequate
- Kimberley Nursing Home, Kingston upon Thames: Inadequate
- Lynton Hall Nursing Centre, Kingston upon Thames: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401, during office hours and on 07789 876 508 outside of office hours. For general enquiries, call 03000 616 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.