You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 22 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 22 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 17 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, and five have been rated Requires Improvement.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Rebecca Bauers, CQC's Head of Adult Social Care Inspection in London, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 22 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Chaseview Residential and Nursing Home, Barking and Dagenham: Good
- Colin Pond Court, Barking and Dagenham: Good
- Lansdowne Care Home, Barnet: Good
- Elmwood, Bromley: Good
- Ealing Eventide Homes Limited - Downhurst, Ealing: Good
- The Grange Care Centre, Ealing: Good
- Azalea Court, Enfield: Good
- Millenium Care Limited - 1 Old Park, Enfield: Good
- Hail - Burghley Road, Haringey: Good
- Care24Seven, Hounslow: Good
- Mears Care - Hammersmith & Fulham, Hounslow: Good
- Scope Inclusion West London Floor 3, Hounslow: Good
- African Positive Outlook, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- Carby Community Care, Lewisham: Good
- Gate House, Lewisham: Good
- Homemead, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- United Response - 131 Kneller Road, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Sydmar Lodge, Barnet: Requires improvement
- The Arkley Nursing Home, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Churchill House, Havering: Requires improvement
- Hawthorn Green Nursing Home, Tower Hamlets: Requires improvement
- Old Hospital Close (21), Wandsworth: Requires improvement
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.