You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 14 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 14 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, nine of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good and five have been rated as Requires Improvement.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 14 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Homelands, Bromley: Good
- Hillgreen Care Ltd - 13 Ruskin Road, Haringey: Good
- Lennox House, Islington: Good
- Sahara Lodge, Newham: Good
- Sahara Lodge Respite Unit, Newham: Good
- The Lodge, Redbridge: Good
- Hollyfield House, Sutton: Good
- York Road, Sutton: Good
- Harley Street Care, Westminster: Good
- Wadeville, Bexley: Requires improvement
- Heatherwood, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Greenford House, Harrow: Requires improvement
- Murree Care Home, Hillingdon: Requires improvement
- Lady Click Services Limited, Newham: Requires improvement
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017