You are here
By law you must register for each of the regulated activities you carry out.
Regulated activities are listed in Schedule 1 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
Not all regulated activities will be relevant to the service you provide, so you need to determine which are relevant to you.
We updated our scope of registration in March 2015. The main changes to this version are:
- we have taken account of the amendments to the regulations that changed the regulated activity involving accommodation and nursing or personal care in the further education sector
- we have added more detail to clarify some parts; in particular where we have learned from questions and queries sent to us by providers
If you carry on any of these activities in England, you must register with us:
- Personal care
- Accommodation for people who require nursing or personal care
- Accommodation for people who require treatment for substance misuse
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- Assessment or medical treatment for persons detained under the Mental Health Act 1983
- Surgical procedures
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Management of supply of blood and blood-derived products
- Transport services, triage and medical advice provided remotely
- Maternity and midwifery services
- Termination of pregnancies
- Services in slimming clinics
- Nursing care
- Family planning services
- Last updated:
- 24 July 2019