You are here
Write your statement of purpose
Your statement of purpose describes what you do, where you do it and who you do it for.
You must include your statement of purpose when you apply to register as a provider.
We will reject your application if:
- your statement of purpose does not include all the required information
- the information in your statement of purpose does not match the information in your application.
You must keep your statement of purpose up to date and notify us of any changes.
What your statement of purpose must include
Your statement of purpose must include the following information:
About your business
- name of the business
- type of business (legal status) - for example sole trader, partnership, or organisation
- your business address, telephone number and email address (including address for serving notices or other documents)
- names of any partners in your business.
This template can help you record the relevant information about your business.
Your aims and objectives
These are your aims and objectives in providing the activities we regulate at the locations you operate.
This template can help you record your aims and objectives.
Places where you provide services
We call these locations. For each of your locations, your statement of purpose must record:
- the address and other contact details
- a description of your location
- the type of service you provide at the location
- the different needs of people who use your service - these will include your service user bands
- the activities we regulate that you provide at the location
- the registered manager who manages those activities at the location.
This template can help you record the information about your locations. You’ll need to record this information for each of your locations.
Your registered managers
For each of your registered managers, your statement of purpose must include:
- their full name and contact details
- the address we should use to serve notices and other documents to them
- the locations they manage and the percentage of time they spend at each
- the activities we regulate that they manage
- details of any job share arrangements.
This template can help you record the relevant information about your registered managers. You’ll need to record this information for each of your registered managers.
If you use our templates, please copy and paste all the parts into one document before submitting it with your application.
- Last updated:
- 06 August 2021