You are here
On step six of the form, you will be asked to upload the following supporting documents, so you need to have completed them before you begin your application:
- Statement of purpose
- Management policy/procedures document
- Safeguarding policy and procedures document
- Planning permission document (optional)
- Building regulation document (optional)
- Registered manager supporting evidence
- Governance document
The file size of documents you upload must be smaller than 1,000KB (1MB). The system will only accept documents in the following formats:
- pdf (Adobe Acrobat)
- doc (Microsoft Word 2003 or older)
- docx (Microsoft Word 2007 or newer)
1. Statement of purpose
Read our guidance on how to write your statement of purpose.
2. Management policy and procedures document
You must provide information about your policy and procedures for:
- assessing and monitoring the quality of your service
- identifying and assessing risks to the health, safety and welfare of people who use your service
- the maintenance and safe storage of records about service users and staff
- obtaining and acting on feedback from service users.
You need this to comply with Regulation 17: good governance.
3. Safeguarding policy and procedures document
You must provide information about your policy and procedures on safeguarding, and provide guidance about how people can raise concerns about abuse. This must be accessible to people who use your service, their advocates, those lawfully acting on their behalf and those close to them, as well as to your staff.
You need this to comply with Regulation 13: safeguarding service users from abuse and improper treatment.
4. Planning permission document (optional)
Depending on what type of application you're making, the form may ask you whether you have planning consent from the local planning authority to use the location premises for your intended purpose. If you don't need planning consent you must explain why. If you have any documentation to show that you have consent or to show that you don't need it, you can upload it to the system.
If you don't upload it you may be asked to provide it later by the registration inspector, so it may save you time if you upload it as part of your application.
5. Building regulation document (optional)
Depending on what type of application you're making, the form may ask you whether you've had to apply for building regulations approval for any building works you have carried out at the location, and whether your application was successful. If you have any documentation to show that you have any necessary approval, you can upload it to the system.
If you don't upload it you may be asked to provide it later by the registration inspector, so it may save you time to upload it as part of your application.
6. Registered manager supporting evidence document
Please provide information about the person you have appointed to manage the regulated activity at the location, your assessment of their fitness (their character, skills, qualifications and experience) and why you have appointed them. You must also confirm that you support their application to manage the regulated activity on your behalf.
7. Governance document
You must provide information about how the management of your organisation is structured and organised. This is to ensure your governance arrangements enable you to meet the fundamental standards and continue to meet them in the future. The registration inspector will want to discuss this with you, your lead partner or your nominated individual as part of their assessment.
- Last updated:
- 20 June 2017