You are here
When we receive the completed application, we will process it in two stages:
We will check the main application and any associated registered manager or partner applications for incorrect or incomplete information. We will usually complete this within five working days of receiving your application. We will send you a confirmation email once this process is complete.
If we cannot validate your application because it contains errors we will send you an email explaining why it has been rejected. You will then be able to:
- reopen the application from the ‘status’ page
- correct it, and
- resubmit it.
If you do not have partners and registered managers, completing the ‘declaration’ section will submit the application to us.
If your application includes any registered manager or partner applications
You will need to have the declaration sections completed again and resubmitted.
If the errors are in the applications made by registered managers or partners:
- we will explain this in the email we send you
- it is up to you to contact them and tell them that they need to correct their applications
- you will need to reopen the main application from the ‘status page’ and resubmit it
- an email will then invite registered managers and partners to:
- complete the declaration section again
- correct any errors you have told them about
- resubmit their applications.
Extended validation process: domiciliary care agency applications
There is now a two stage validation process for new domiciliary care agencies applying to provide personal care to people living in their homes.
- First stage validation: is the form fully completed?
We will email you if essential information is missing or inaccurate to ask you to correct the form.
- Extended validation: does the application answer the questions and give the right information?
Our registration team will check that you have answered all of the questions in the application form, which will provide them with information to make an assessment. More information: domiciliary care agencies: personal care applications.
If your application is validated we will then assess it. If not, we will send you an email to explain why your application is not suitable for us to assess.
Once validated, our registration team assesses the application. How long it takes us to assess and determine your application will depend on a range of factors such as:
- how well prepared and ready you are
- your availability or that of your nominated individual and manager (if you have them) for interviews and the site visit
- how quickly you respond to requests from the registration inspector for further information to support your application
If you are well prepared, your service is ready and there are no delays, we should send you our decision ten weeks after we validate your application. This decision may be a notice of decision to register (NoD) or a notice of proposal to refuse (NoP).
- Last updated:
- 29 April 2019