Changes to registered details: provider's name and address – notification form

Page last updated: 23 November 2023
Organisations we regulate
You must send your notification by email or submit it online

When and how to tell us when a provider changes their name or address.

How to notify us

If you have an account with the CQC Provider Portal, you can send us your notification online.

Notify us online

If you don't have access to the Provider Portal, you can notify us using this form. You only need to fill in sections 1 and 6, then email it to

When you need to tell us about changes to your name or address

You must notify us if:

  • you are an registered provider that is an organisation, and
  • you change your registered provider name, or change your trading name

Once you have notified us about the change you would like to make, you must apply to change the provider name on your registration. If you change your legal entity you would have to cancel your registration and re-register with us as a new provider

Statement of purpose: If this change affects what is in your statement of purpose you will need to amend that too. Find out how to change your statement of purpose.