Changes to registered details: change of an individual's name – notification form

Page last updated: 12 May 2022
Organisations we regulate

When and how to tell us if a registered individual has changed their name.

How to notify us

If you have an account with the CQC Provider Portal, you can send us your notification online.

Notify us online

If you do not have access to the Provider Portal, you can notify us using this this form. You only need to fill in sections 1 and 4, then email it to

Statutory Notification - changes affecting a service provider or manager

When you need to tell us about your change of name

You must notify us if you change your name and you are a:

  • partner in a partnership
  • registered manager
  • nominated individual
  • registered individual

We may ask to see proof of your identity and change of name.

Once you have notified us about the change you would like to make, you must apply to change their registration.

In other cases, you can change your name in your provider portal account details.

Statement of purpose: If this change affects what is in your statement of purpose you will need to amend that too. Find out how to change your statement of purpose.