Service provider?You'll find information for people who run home care services in our Guidance for providers section.
We register a range of different services which offer care in the home.
The most common of these services are home-care agencies, which offer people a care worker in their own homes to help meet a range of needs.
These agencies offer a wide variety of care, in some cases a full 24-hour day of care.
Types of services in your home
Home care agencies
- Care workers visit people in their own homes.
- Visits take place at various times throughout the day.
- The number of these agencies is rising.
- Medical consultations in your home.
- Possible consultation with a doctor over the internet.
- Nurses or other healthcare professionals may support the doctor.
- Clinical services over the phone, through websites or by email.
- Initial consultation is usually with a registered nurse.
- Services may include advice, diagnosis, prescriptions and referrals.
Find out about how we monitor, inspect and regulate services in your home.
Monitoring the finances of difficult-to-replace care providers
Because the adult social care market changes regularly, we look at the finance of care providers that would be difficult to replace if their business were to fail.