You are here
How we do our job
Although we inspect and regulate different care services in different ways, there are some things we do that apply across all services.
The way we regulate care services involves:
- Registering people that apply to us to provide services.
- Using data, evidence and information throughout our work.
- Using feedback you've given us to help us reach our judgements.
- Inspections carried out by experts.
- Publishing information on our judgements. In most cases we also publish a rating to help you choose care.
- Taking action when we judge that services need to improve or to make sure those responsible for poor care are held accountable for it.
- Last updated:
- 20 June 2017