The Care Quality Commission checks whether hospitals, care homes and care services are meeting government standards. Visit our website at www.cqc.org.uk.
This service is no longer registered with CQC.
This is an archived profile from 14 May 2012 when its registration ended.
The Private Care Company Limited
- 5 Connaught Terrace, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 3YW
- (01273) 774951
- See on a map
Type of service
Care in your home and supported living
Dementia, Mental health conditions, Physical disabilities, Sensory impairments, Substance misuse problems, Caring for adults over 65 yrs
Local Authority Area
Brighton & Hove
- People should be treated with respect, involved in discussions about their care and treatment and able to influence how the service is run (outcome 1)Meeting this standard
- Before people are given any examination, care, treatment or support, they should be asked if they agree to it (outcome 2)Meeting this standard
- People should get safe and appropriate care that meets their needs and supports their rights (outcome 4)Meeting this standard
- Food and drink should meet people's individual dietary needs (outcome 5)Meeting this standard
- People should get safe and coordinated care when they move between different services (outcome 6)Meeting this standard
- People should be protected from abuse and staff should respect their human rights (outcome 7)Meeting this standard
- People should be cared for in a clean environment and protected from the risk of infection (outcome 8)Meeting this standard
- People should be given the medicines they need when they need them, and in a safe way (outcome 9)Meeting this standard
- People should be cared for in safe and accessible surroundings that support their health and welfare (outcome 10)Meeting this standard
- People should be safe from harm from unsafe or unsuitable equipment (outcome 11)Meeting this standard
4Standards of staffingOverall
- People should be cared for by staff who are properly qualified and able to do their job (outcome 12)Meeting this standard
- There should be enough members of staff to keep people safe and meet their health and welfare needs (outcome 13)Meeting this standard
- Staff should be properly trained and supervised, and have the chance to develop and improve their skills (outcome 14)Meeting this standard
- The service should have quality checking systems to manage risks and assure the health, welfare and safety of people who receive care (outcome 16)Meeting this standard
- People should have their complaints listened to and acted on properly (outcome 17)Meeting this standard
- People's personal records, including medical records, should be accurate and kept safe and confidential (outcome 21)Meeting this standard
Carried out during a routine inspection
Find out more
This service is no longer registered with us. You can read more about this information on our page about Our directory of archived services.