You are here
What we do
We're the independent health and adult social care regulator.
We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage them to improve.
We monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find, including performance ratings to help people choose care.
Throughout everything we do, we always:
- put people who use services at the heart of our work.
- have an open and accessible culture.
- are independent, rigorous, fair and consistent.
- work in partnership across the health and social care system.
- are committed to being a high-performing organisation.
- promote equality, diversity and human rights.
- Last updated:
- 3 September 2014