You are here
What we do
We make sure hospitals, care homes, dental and GP surgeries, and all other care services in England provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care, and we encourage them to make improvements.
We do this by inspecting services and publishing the results on our website to help you make better decisions about the care you receive.
Throughout everything we do, we always:
- put people who use services at the heart of our work.
- have an open and accessible culture.
- are independent, rigorous, fair and consistent.
- work in partnership across the health and social care system.
- are committed to being a high-performing organisation.
- promote equality, diversity and human rights.
- Last updated:
- 13 May 2014