You are here
Themed review of dementia care
We are undertaking a themed inspection programme looking at the quality of dementia care.
About this inspection programme
During this inspection programme, we will look at:
- the quality of support provided to people with dementia to enable them to maintain their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- how the care provided aims to reduce admissions to hospitals from care homes and avoid unnecessary lengths of stay in hospital.
- how services work together when people move from one service to another.
Which services will we inspect?
We will inspect care homes and acute hospitals in 22 local authority areas across the country between November 2013-February 2014.
What will we publish?
We will publish:
- a report for each service that we inspect.
- a national report that highlights key themes, what works well and what needs to improve.
Stakeholder Advisory Group
We have set up an advisory group made up of a wide range of stakeholders who will provide advice and expertise to the programme.
The terms of reference, including membership of the group, can be found in the document below.
- Last updated:
- 18 June 2014