You are here
Tell us your experience of mental health crisis care
We want to hear about your experiences and knowledge of the help, care and support provided during a mental health crisis.
What we want to know
To help us understand more about the quality of local services, we are carrying out a special review about the help, care and support that people receive when they experience a mental health crisis. Find out more about our Review of mental health crisis care.
As part of this work, we would like to hear from:
- people who have had personal experience of a mental health crisis and tried to get help for it in the last two years.
- people who have cared for others going through a crisis in the last two years.
- groups or organisations that work with people who have experienced a crisis and/or have an interest in the quality of crisis care in their local area.
Some of the areas we want to hear about include:
- the care received from GPs, hospitals, community mental health services or ambulances.
- the support given by other professionals during a crisis (such as the Police or Approved Mental Health Professionals).
What is a mental health crisis?
We recognise that each mental health crisis can be different and that it can occur at any point in someone's life. We want to encourage anyone who feels they have experienced a crisis and tried to get help for it to share their experience with us.
If you are not sure whether you have had a crisis, then read this guide produced by Mind (a mental health charity) that explains what a crisis is and what services are available.
Share your experiences with us...
You can tell us about your experiences by choosing one of the links below.
- Share your own personal experience
- Share an experience about a friend, a member of your family or someone you care for
- Share an experience as a member of a local group or organisation
This questionnaire closes on 30 April 2014.
All the questions are optional and you can submit information anonymously.
Why are we collecting this information?
We are asking questions that will help us learn how local services work together to support people during a crisis - and one of the best ways to do this is to ask those who have experienced it first-hand.
We will use the information you share with us to:
- build a better picture of where mental health crisis care works well and where it doesn’t.
- inform our national report on the Review of mental health crisis care by showing variation in the quality of care provided in different areas.
For more information
If you have any questions about this questionnaire then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last updated:
- 8 July 2016