What are services in your home?
We register a range of different services which offer care in the home.
The most common of these services are home-care agencies, which offer people a carer in their own homes to help meet a range of needs.
These agencies offer a wide variety of care, in some cases a full 24-hour day of care.
Inspecting and regulating services in your home
Download this document to find out how we will be inspecting, regulating and monitoring services in your home and other adult social care services in the future.
Types of services in your home
Home care agencies
- Carers visit people in their own homes.
- Visits take place at various times throughout the day.
- The number of these agencies is rising.
- Medical consultations in your home.
- Possible consultation with a doctor over the internet.
- Nurses or other healthcare professionals may support the doctor.
- Clinical services over the phone, through websites or by email.
- Initial consultation is usually with a registered nurse.
- Services may include advice, diagnosis, prescriptions and referrals.