You are here
Experts by Experience procurement
We have now awarded these contracts to manage and supply our Experts by Experience programme in England.
The successful organisations are:
- Remploy Limited – in CQC’s North, South and London regions
- Choice Support – in CQC’s Central region.
The contracts start on 1 February and last for 18 months with an option of a further 18 months.
See our news story CQC to involve members of the public on more inspections than ever before.
Background to the procurement
These organisations will be responsible for managing Experts by Experience (ExE) on a day-to-day basis.
They will be required to co-ordinate and arrange activities including but not limited to the following:
- Source a diverse range of ExE that meet the profiles outlined below.
- Interview and recruit ExE to ensure they are suitable for the role
- Carry out DBS checks on all ExE and any support workers they may have
- Carry out training of ExE
- Organise any reasonable adjustments to enable ExE to perform their activities
- Allocate appropriate ExE for inspections, Mental Health Act visits and any other work
- Pay ExE and their support workers for carrying out their work
- Provide ongoing support to, and performance manage, ExE – including support around benefits, and emotional support where necessary
- Address any performance issues of ExE in a timely and appropriate manner
- Take part in meetings and discussions with the CQC programme management team
- Take part in programme development activities
- Work collaboratively with other organisations engaged in the programme
Through the organisations CQC requires to access ExE with the following (but not limited to) profiles:
- People in the early stages of dementia and their family carers
- Older people with experience of using health and/or social care services, or their family carers
- People who have used mental health services, including those who have recently been or are currently detained under the Mental Health Act
- People who have used substance misuse services
- People with learning disabilities
- Family carers of people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, complex needs, and/or behaviour that can be described as challenging.
- People with physical and/or sensory impairments
- Family carers of children and young people who use care services, including mental health services
- Children & young people who use services
- People who have recently used maternity services
CQC may also wish to add further profiles of ExE to the programme as it continues to develop.
We will publish the new contracts in early May. Until then, we are constrained in the details that we can share more widely due to multiple regulations such as commercial law and freedom of information legislation.
We understand that discussions have not concluded between the new suppliers and their current employing organisation, but our aim is to make sure that experts who have worked with us for a number of years are protected as they go into new arrangements.
We are working closely with the new contractors and they will provide you with regular updates.
You can contact Remploy Limited or Choice Support to express your interest in continuing to engage as an Experts by Experience. They will make sure you can do so as seamlessly as possible, although it may be necessary for you to confirm some of your details.
We will continue to work closely with the incoming and outgoing contractors to ensure the continuity and continued quality of the Experts by Experience programme.
Experts by Experience Team
18c Meridian East
Meridian Business Park
Tel: 0845 155 2700
- Last updated:
- 26 April 2016