You are here
Consultation on how we regulate, inspect and rate services
This consultation has closed
This consultation closed on 4 June 2014.
We asked people to give us their views about our plans to change the way we regulate, inspect and rate care services. The changes included:
- what we look at on an inspection.
- how we judge what 'good' care looks like.
- how we rate care services to help you judge and choose care if you want to.
- how we use information to help us decide when and where we inspect.
The main changes we proposed were:
- introducing new ways to inspect services, with Chief Inspectors and more specialist teams that include members of the public.
- using a new system of intelligent monitoring to help us decide when, where and what to inspect.
- listening to people's experiences of care and using the best information across our monitoring system.
Summary of responses
Read more about the consultation response.
You can read about our plans in detail in the original consultation documents, our draft provider handbooks.
- Last updated:
- 31 October 2014